28 August 2011

State Fair 2011

My year would not be complete if I did not visit the Nebraska State Fair. I. Love. That. Place.
So many things (and people) to see!
We tried Swiss Cheese and Rye on a stick, chocolate covered crunchy Cheetos, a corn dog, and a yummy Philly cheese steak sandwich. I did not get to try the deep fried Twinkie on a stick. (Hey, I need a reason to go back next year!)
Calla just wanted to watch the Racing Pigs and see them eat the Oreo Cookie when they win, and ride a pony. We completed both tasks! She got a ticket from a friend (Thanks Gina!!) to do some fun things and eat some free things while there. She choose to ride the Merry-Go-Round and that completed our day.
My parents came to meet us there and hang out to help me celebrate my birthday. I have celebrated few birthdays without seeing my parents, might we weird to some of you, but my birthday just isn't quite the same if I don't see the people that helped create me!


Calla riding on Baxter!

The GIGANTIC Praying Mantis Chad found on one of the buildings. Calla's shoe is a size 7.

All the apples she picked in the Family Fun Tent.

Collecting eggs in the Family Fun Tent.





No comments: