24 November 2011

Turkey Trot 2011

This morning I started what I hope to be a yearly tradition. I took part in the 5 mile Turkey Trot at our YMCA here in town. I have never run in more than a 5k race (3.1 miles) so I was really anxious getting up this morning and heading over there. I have been able to run 5 miles since August, but was not sure how a race would go. I am going to start training for the Lincoln Half Marathon soon so any chance I can get to run sounds like a good time to me. I ran my 5 miles in 54 minutes and 26 seconds. That would be a personal record that I am mighty proud of!


I told Chad that it should take me about an hour to run it, so they stayed home until I was almost to the finish line. Thanks for allowing me to take the time to train and participate in these fun races Chad! I love you!!

No comments: