12 February 2012

Banana Chocolate Oatcakes

If you are like me, there is nothing like a warm bowl of oatmeal on a cold morning, or any morning for that matter! I have been loving oatmeal for breakfast for months now. I came across a recipe for Blueberry Banana Oatcakes here and have enjoyed them several times. I loosely followed another recipe she had here and also liked it.
Here is my own recipe for Banana Chocolate Oatcakes that I strongly urge you to try if you like oatmeal, chocolate, or bananas!

1/2 cup oatmeal
1 mashed banana
1 tbs cocoa powder
1 tbs ground flax seed

Mix all ingredients together and pat in to 2 cakes. Place these cakes on your griddle over medium heat and cook on each side until firm. I like to put vanilla Greek yogurt on the top or RediWhip!
Let me know what you think!!!



No comments: